Saturday, December 6, 2008

Adventures in Uganda, Part 12...Kampala and Good Bye

November 3, 2007
Call to prayer in the morning
Kampala


"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.”
Matthew 11:28

Directly underneath the famous Johns Hopkins dome, in the middle of the old main building of the hospital, stands a statue of Jesus with his arms open wide and the verse I listed above inscribed at his feet. I have thought a lot about that statue and this verse during my time here. I wish that I could show these people what that verse means through my love for them and how much I desire to love and care for them. Can they possibly see the reason for my love is Jesus? Do I look different to them because of Him or because I am white and from the west? Can they see You in me? I have struggled with these questions the entire time I have been here.

No comments: