Thursday, June 28, 2007

5 Days Off!

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30

I did not realize how badly I needed a break until I had one. Not only did I enjoy the time off from work, but I enjoyed getting to know my new city, exploring the surrounding areas and spending time with friends, old and new.

Saturday, June 16, 2007
I went hiking in southern Maryland with a group from church. I had always thought that I wanted to live outside of the DC area, now I can remember why. It is gorgeous here! The weather was perfect and the hike delightful. Enjoy the photos!

Pictured L-R: Ha Eun, Annsley, Me, Grace, Scott, Lily, and Jin Sun

After our hike, I got to meet up with an old friend of mine, Greg, from Houston who is currently living in Tunisia. He is here raising both prayer and financial support for his ministry there.

Sunday, June 17, 2007
Sunday, Scott and I walked to the farmers market before church to pick up some fresh produce. This is a weekly outdoor market where local farmers and businesses allow you to sample their wears as well as enjoy a good breakfast. The rest of the day was filled with church, lunch with church friends and a nice nap.

Monday, June 18, 2007
I went to visit Salee and the girls. I am not sure Salee realized how much I miss her and am excited that we get to be within driving distance. Rachel and Rebekah are adorable!

Tuesday, June 19, 2007
I spent the day with my friend Megan, and graphic design student and friend from church. Target is addicting! We met up for dinner with another friend, Gretchen, and walked down to the Inner Harbour and Fells Point, for half-priced burgers and walked back again. I love being outside here and people walk everywhere. What a blessing!

Wednesday, June 20, 2007
I have a new talent after today. I can make pizzas from scratch. Megan and I teamed up with Melissa and Adam Grace to bake pizzas for our church home group. It was a lot of work, but so much fun. I am always grateful to work and fellowship at the same time. The Lord has truly provided for me through this church and I am excited to be spending time with my new friends.

Thursday, June 21, 2007
Back to work. However, I spent the evening watching "Young Frankenstein" sitting on a hill outside with friends. Every Thursday night during the summer, the Visionary Art Museum hosts an outdoor movie night with new movies each week. This is such a random city. It has some of the greatest things to do outside during the summer. I also went to the Latin Festival on Saturday evening in the park one block from my house. I will try to write about the events I get to participate in as the summer goes along.

No comments: