Thursday, June 28, 2007

Hiking with Danny



















Monday, June 25, 2007
Another few days off and I made sure to get outside, this time with my roommate Danny. We went to Gunpowder Falls state park just north of the city. It was an amazing day and the location could not have been more beautiful. There was fog just over the river, which made everything look enchanted. The pictures do not do it justice. We also found wild lilies in one of my favorite colours, rusty red, growing everywhere. You can see them in the last picture. Of course I had to pick one and take it home with me.
And, of course, it had to rain on us a little. It seems that every time Danny and I hang out it rains. Today it only sprinkled on us, which is a far cry better than the time we had to take shelter in the Lincoln Memorial while it poured so hard the lights went out. I am truly going to miss Danny, and our rainy adventures, when he leaves in two weeks to return to California.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Rachel, your blog looks awesome! Glad to see that I can keep up to date with your events and see pics. I will link to your blog from mine.

I love you soooooo much.
Your brother,
Ryan

Ryan said...

Great blog! It'll be fun to keep up with all your busy-ness in Baltimore. BTW, thank you soooo much for the Pak-n-play from Babies R Us. Its up and in the living room right now. We are going to use it as a bassinet for the first few weeks, I think. Can't wait to see you. Mandy